I made this summer dress for my daughter a few month ago. Sorry I did not write down how I made it in detail. Here is a short how to. I hope it will give you some idea to make a new dress for your daughter or even for yourself.
Materials I used:
1) No 2 yarn (Sport, Baby).
yarn from Schachenmayr SMC Catania
2) half a meter of poly cotton fabric
3) Crochet Hook 2.5mm
4) Needle and thread
5) blue ribbon
1) Sew one side of fabric together:
2) With 2.5 mm hook and one strand of yarn, sc around top and bottom edges.
3) Top edge: I crocheted up 3 double crochet rounds then attached granny squares on the front and back. Single crochet around the edge, crochet strap.
4) Attached granny squares around the bottom edge.